Last Date : 10.12.2012 till 11.59 PM
UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) will conduct a Combined Defence Services Examination I on 17.02.2013.
CDS I examination will be conducted by UPSC for the admission to following mentioned courses
(1) Course Name : Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun 136th Course commencing in January, 2014 [including 32 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders].
Number of vacancies: 250
(2) Course Name :Indian Naval Academy(INA), Ezhimala-Course Commencing in January, 2014 Executive (Hydro/ General Service) (including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC 'C' Certificate holders (Naval Wing).
Number of vacancies: 40
(3)Course Name : Air Force Academy(AFA), Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in January, 2014 i.e. No.195th F(P) Course.
Number of vacancies: 32
(4)Course Name :Officers Training Academy(OTA), Chennai, 99th SSC Course (for Men) commencing in April, 2014.
Number of vacancies: 175
(5)Course Name :Officers Training Academy(OTA), Chennai 13th SSC Women (Non- Technical) Course commencing in April, 2014.
Number of vacancies: 12
Women candidates are eligible only for OTA so their first and only preference should be OTA.
Sex and Marital Status
(1) IMA : Unmarried male candidates.
(2) INA : Unmarried male candiadates.
(3) AFA : Unmarried male candidates.
(4) OTA : Married / Unmarried male candidates, unmarried women,issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible.
(1) IMA : Candidate born between 2.01.1990 and 1.01.1995.
(2) INA :Candidates born between 2.01.1992(2.01.1990 for NCC Naval Wing C certificate Holders) and 1.01.1995.
(3) AFA : Candidates born between 2.01.1991 and 1.01.1995.
(4) OTA : Candidates born between 2.01.1989 and 1.01.1995.
(1) IMA and OTA : Degree.
(2) INA: Degree in Engineering.
(3) AFA: Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Examination Fee :
(1) Female candidates / SC / ST : No Fee.
(2) All other Candidates : 200/-
(Method of submitting the fee: Deposit the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.)
Apply Online for CDS I 2013 here
CDS I 2013 Official Notification
Study Material for CDS I 2013